Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Steamers are sooooooooooo stress-relieving, it's insane

Before I begin with more trivial, of-no-interest tidbits, I just thought I should let the world know that

I'M ON SPRING BREAK!!!!! FOR TWO WEEKS!!

See, this is the great thing about my school. (Aside from everything else I love about it, of course.) We start a hell of a lot earlier than most schools, and sometimes end later, and have longer school days, but we get more breaks in between. And longer spring breaks, thank the divine Parents. I get to party for sixteen days until it's three weeks until Cabaret (what's wrong with THAT picture?!?!?!? *submits to minor spaz attack thinking of how far behind we are on dance numbers*), almost true MN spring, and time for English and Math all over again.

Anywho, anyway, anyhow, anypoo, this past weekend, my first few days of my much deserved break after FINALS (*shudder*), I spent sleeping, going to quartet with only the second violinist and our coach (who just happens to be a cellist), and removing wallpaper. Yes, with steamers, hence this post's title...........I'll let y'all in on a little secret. If you're going to be removing any wallpaper from any room of your home, use steamers. They are a Godsend. And make sure you've got back-up people in case the idiots before you put the paper on wrong and it peels off the wall as easily as that cement-like glue from CD covers. Mine, thankfully, was applied correctly, and therefore we finished not only my room, which is pretty spacious (for those of you who don't know me), but our downstairs bathroom in LESS THAN 24 HOURS. It was amazing. The Pay-Rents were happy, and I was happy I made them do it this break--if we'd done it in the summer like they'd been planning on, we all would have died of heat stroke. (My room is the hottest in the house--that says it all.) And for another secret, taking off that stuff is a wonderful stress/anger-reliever, oh lord. You steam the crap out of it, and it peels off in enormous strips you can rip to shreds, and THEN you take your scraper and scrape the crap out of the rest of the wallboard you just steamed almost clean. Of course, you have to be careful not to actually rip through the plaster or wallboard or whatever you've got, because that would just be inconvenient, but other than that, it's something everyone should do when they're angry at some point. So that was my first weekend of break.

Since then, I've been getting in touch with my retro/vintage side--HAHAHA that was a JOKE for those of you who know me.
(For those readers who do not, I believe my life's purpose is to bring back the bygone eras, specifically the 1860's (Gone With the Wind, anyone???), the 1880's-90's, and the 1940's-60's. Especially the 50's. So really, I'm always in touch with that retro side, because that's practically my ONLY side. In a nutshell, I think the truly good fashions are out the window and far from home. So I guess I'll have to fix that.)
But I did watch Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, which is both funny as hell and sobering, and Now and Then, and they together got me in that old-timey-thinking mode that I sometimes get stuck in. So today I wore my jean capris, a red short-sleeved shirt tucked in (don't worry, it would be acceptable to even the harshest fashion police--I do NOT look frumpy), these adorable little red sandals with white polka dots, a blue headscarf to keep in my hair, and my most outrageous red, rhinestoned, cateye sunglasses. And I went to the dentist. HA.

Enjoy life, dahlings. I'll be up north for a few days, so have fun wherever you are! *Muah*

~Josie

1 comment:

  1. NOW AND THEN!!! i love that movie :)
    chrissy and her hoses and flowers... hahaha

    ReplyDelete