Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fishnets and Garters and Dancing my Thighs Off

Yes, I know, I already mentioned fishnets and garters, but that's only because my brain is hooked on them (HA definitely no pun intended)--we haven't seen our costume plans for the Cabaret Girls yet, and I am simply itching to get at them.
But meanwhile, we learned a small part of the dance for Wilkommen today. !!! By "small" I mean we haven't even gotten to the part where the girls sing yet--yea, it's a tiny bit. But even now my thighs are KILLING ME. I haven't danced like this since the show two years ago, Crazy For You, and that didn't consist of über-sexual rubbings and brushes and and *blech*!! But anyway, this dance. Is. So. Hard. I mean, I'm a dancer myself, but this totally shows what happens when all you do is ballroom once a week for a year without ever stretching, writhing around on the floor like an animal, etc. etc. We begin with right after our little fanfare-type thing, and are in the groove right away. We kick, we lunge, we spin, we dig into our hips, we grope people in places just borderline for a high school.....
So I'm excited as hell.....but really nervous.
Of course the funner fun (yes, I know it's not a word) starts when we get costumes--can you tell I've got a bit of a showgirl-costume hang-up for this play???--and when we sing with the live pit. This seriously is my dream show, or at least one of them; hey, Kit Kat Klub Girl, Telephone Girl, and Lady #1 in Two Ladies isn't bad for my freshman year!!

~Josie

p.s. What do you think of the bigger font? It was pissing me off that it was so tiny, but I'm wondering if this is too big to look nice....

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for noting that "funner" isn't a word. It would have really bugged me otherwise. And i like the bigger font!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only for you, LMH. :-) Funny thing that I can't write something like that WITHOUT clarifying if it is or isn't a true word.

    love,
    Josie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe sounds like fun! ahh i am so unbelieviably jealous!!!!!!!!!!! i will totally be there to watch you madame loverly

    ReplyDelete