Thursday, January 8, 2009

Memories....damn MN winters.....

Here's just a little something I thought I'd begin my "Poetry" tagline with. I wrote it.....eh, maybe six-odd months ago, but it reminds me of summer and evening, which is one of my favorite combinations. :-)

Days


Some are dark and dreary

Others filled with light and joy

Days

Drifting slowly away

Happening


Sunrise

Like vibrant paint splotched onto

A new white canvas

Waking up

At six o’clock

And realizing there is a whole one ahead of you

A whole

Day

To do things

Get things done

Suddenly you’re raring to go and ready to work

Let’s start!


Clouds swirling

Over a

Sky

The color of the

Caribbean blue ocean

Halfway over

And you’ve accomplished absolutely positively

Nothing

It’s too beautiful a day

To spend working

The breeze is far too nice to stay out of

You can’t just stay inside all day


at last

Evening comes

As quiet and serene as a pool of water

Relaxing on the porch

Is mandatory

The crickets lull you nearly to sleep

But you’re thinking about it

The day

You know you did nothing but

Still

It seems it was the perfect way to spend it

And you know it was completely worth it


Some are dark and dreary

Others filled with light and joy

Days

Drifting slowly away

Happening


1 comment:

  1. Very lyrical writing! I love your word choice! It's so vivid :) Hope to see more!

    Btw I like the new name ;)

    ReplyDelete